Over the past year, we have been working with Storythings to review Q Visits, gathering thoughts and insight from Q community members to consider how we can reimagine this offer. As part of this process, we are testing and iterating different approaches in the form of prototype Visits:
- Q Visit: Public Digital (virtual) – Join us to explore digital transformation as quality improvement and learn from case studies from the health sector and beyond.
- Q Visit: National Innovation Centre for Ageing (in-person) – Come along to this Newcastle-based Visit and discover how this world-leading organisation tackle complex issues through co-design and continuous improvement methodologies.
We hope to see you at one of the prototypes to help us continue developing an engaging and interactive new kind of Q Visit!
What is the original Q Visit offer?
Increasing capacity and capability for improvement in the health and care system is a central aim of Q. We have offered a series of visits to organisations across the UK to learn about a range of relevant topics, from Joy in Work to lean and agile project delivery, systems thinking and experienced-based co-design. The programme was developed to give members first-hand opportunities to learn from others involved in improvement across different professional sectors and take knowledge back to their workplaces.
What can I expect from a Visit?
Visits are only open to Q members and are free to attend. Members can expect an action-packed visit with the chance to experience a day in the life of a variety of different organisations as well as an opportunity to reflect on learning and consider how to translate the learning.
- Explore and experience first-hand how other organisations have used innovative approaches in their work to achieve positive outcomes
- Identify how others have successfully implemented different approaches
- Apply the learning from the experience of others and consider how this can be spread/adopted in your work context
- Connect with other Q members who are working on similar challenges, building an effective support structure for you
Attendees are expected to arrange their own means of travel and expenses. Each visit is CPD certified, we would encourage you to use study/professional leave if this is available to you.
What members are saying about Visits
“I will share the stories and lessons from today with my colleagues at work, and the event will inform the way I talk about continuous improvement with NHS trusts widely” Q member at the NHS Blood & Transplant visit
“Q visits give some great opportunities to learn, share, collaborate and (above all) make a difference to patients” Q member at the Mayden Ltd visit
Read more about past visits from members that attended:
- Flow Coaching – empowering front life staff to make improvements
- I’m Enjoying Work – are you?
- Sprints and Space Hotels
Members are encouraged to join the online Visits’ group to continue conversations, share information and connect with others that attended a visit.
If you have any queries about Q Visits, have a question about an existing booking you made or have an exciting idea for a visit, please contact the team at email@example.com.
There are no upcoming visits.
|26th Apr 2022||Q Visit: National Innovation Centre for Ageing (in-person)|
|20th Apr 2022||Q Visit: Public Digital (virtual)|
|16th Apr 2021||Learning from Q Visits: Designing and delivering improvement|
|View all past visits|