Please note: Our application portal is currently unavailable while we prepare to move to a new system. If you would like to submit an application to Q, please come back after 27 May 2022 when the portal will be available again.
What is Q?
Q is an initiative connecting people who have improvement expertise across the UK and Ireland. There are over 4000 members and the community continues to grow.
I like the way it’s still on its own journey of developing… I like the way that Q is not thrust upon you. It very much feels member-led.
Q’s mission is to foster continuous and sustainable improvement in health and care, creating opportunities for people to come together as an improvement community to share ideas, enhance skills and collaborate to make health and care better.
Q offers a range of support and inspiration for those already knowledgeable in undertaking improvement – designed to complement other existing initiatives, networks and taught programmes.
Q is delivered by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by partners across the UK and Ireland.
As health and care services continue to respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, collaborative learning is needed now more than ever. Q is here to support you to deliver rapid change, help you navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead, and boost your skills and resilience so that we can together build a stronger health and care system for the future.
- Connect, share and learn with people from different disciplines and sectors, from across the UK and Ireland to help create real change.
- Join a diverse community that brings together those from the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, researchers, commissioners and policy makers and others.
- Tap into all that Q offers as a source of innovation and practical problem solving – benefits include journals and learning resources, Q visits and inspiring events scheduled throughout the year.
- Get involved in other activities including special interest groups, Q Lab and Randomised Coffee Trials with others in the community.
- Let Q grow with you as your career progresses – participate in ways that fit with your life and improvement priorities.
- Develop your improvement skills and help lead and develop others beyond Q.
- Free – no membership fee. Gain access to funding opportunities.
Q membership has enabled me to demonstrate wider linkages to QI networks 63 and resources…It has enabled an outward looking organisation to develop.
Is it for me?
We welcome applications from all disciplines and a variety of roles. If you are interested in applying you will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of using different approaches and methodologies to improve the quality of health and care and reflect on how you might benefit and contribute to the community.
For more guidance on whether Q is for you, take a look at the decision tree:
When can I apply?
Opportunities to join Q are open on a continuous basis. We are welcoming applications from people with improvement expertise based anywhere in the UK and Ireland.
How can I apply?
You will need to complete an application that will be assessed by people experienced in improvement from a range of different backgrounds.
You will need to submit the application using our online portal. The application should take no more than one to two hours and you can save the application at any time and return to it later.
In the application we ask you to reflect on two key areas:
- Experience and knowledge – your experience to date of using structured approaches to enable improvement
- Commitment – why you want to join Q
Please note: Our application portal is currently unavailable while we prepare to move to a new system. Please come back after Monday 30 May 2022 when the portal will be available again. We look forward to receiving your application and if you have any questions in the meantime, please get in touch.
We recommend that you refer to these documents while you’re completing your application.
If you have any questions email us: firstname.lastname@example.org