The Q community continues to flourish, and by 2020 we anticipate a community of thousands – all belonging to an established long-term home for improvers.
Opportunities to join Q are being phased across different parts of the UK and we are partnering with a number of organisations who are helping us to grow the community – Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Public Health Wales, Health and Social Care Northern Ireland and in England the Academic Health Science Network (AHSNs).
The latest round of applications to join the Q community is now open. From Thursday 3 August 2017 until 11 September 2017 we will be welcoming applications in:
- Northern Ireland
- East Midlands
- Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
- North West London
- South London
All applicants will be asked to reflect on criteria around their knowledge and experience of improvement and how they can benefit and contribute to the community.
We envisage opportunities to join Q will open more widely in Spring 2018.
How to apply
The next round of applications to the Q community is open (from Thursday 3 August 2017 until Monday 11 September 2017) for those in:
- Northern Ireland
- East Midlands (through East Midlands AHSN)
- Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Milton Keynes (through Oxford AHSN)
- North West London (through Imperial College Healthcare AHSN)
- South London (through Health Innovation Network AHSN)
If you have expertise in improvement and primarily work/volunteer in these parts of the UK, you are able to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are interested in applying to join Q as part of this phase, please follow these steps.
1. Find out more
We recommend you start by reading the supporting information:
- About Q (or look around on the website to familiarise yourself with Q)
- Decision tree (July 2017)
- Applicant guidance (August 2017)
- Frequently asked questions (August 2017)
2. Apply online
You will need to complete and submit an online application via our portal AIMS. We estimate it will take between one and two hours to complete the form (you can save the application part way through and come back to it later).
Full guidance on accessing, completing and submitting your application via AIMS can be found in the AIMS user guide. We recommend that you keep a copy of this, along with the applicant guidance, to hand and refer to it while you complete your application.
The application will ask you to reflect on:
- commitment: considered and lived commitment to collaborative improvement
- knowledge: ability to articulate and reflect on the approaches used personally and by others involved in improving quality
- experience: experience of playing an influential role in efforts to improve quality across boundaries
For each of these areas you will have up to 500 words. We recommend you type your response into a Word document and copy and paste it into AIMS.
If you have a technical issue with the AIMS system please email AIMS@health.org.uk.
3. Further information
If you have any questions about Q please email JoiningQ@health.org.uk.
All applications need to be submitted by 23:59 (BST) Monday 11 September 2017.