What is Q?
Q is an initiative connecting people who have improvement expertise across the UK. There are over 2000 members and the community continues to grow.
Q’s mission is to foster continuous and sustainable improvement in heath and care, creating opportunities for people to come together as an improvement community to share ideas, enhance skills and collaborate to make health and care better.
It is not a taught programme, but a network of support for those already knowledgeable in undertaking improvement. It’s designed to complement and connect existing communities, initiatives and networks.
Q is being delivered by the Health Foundation and supported and co-funded by NHS Improvement.
- Connect, share and learn with people from different disciplines and sectors, from across the UK to help create real change.
- Join a diverse community that brings together those from the front line of health and social care, patient leaders, managers, researchers, commissioners and policy makers and others.
- Tap into Q as a source of innovation and practical problem solving.
- Develop your improvement skills and help lead and develop others beyond Q.
- No membership fee.
- Let Q grow with you as your career progresses – participate in ways that fit with your life and improvement priorities.
- Enjoy benefits including journals and learning resources, Q visits and inspiring events scheduled throughout the year.
- Get involved in other activities including special interest groups, Q Labs and Randomised Coffee Trials with others in the community.
Is it for me?
We welcome applications from all disciplines and a variety of roles. If you are interested in applying you will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of using different approaches and methodologies to improve the quality of health and care and reflect on how you might benefit and contribute to the community.
When can I apply?
Opportunities to join Q are open. Throughout 2018 we are welcoming applications from people with improvement expertise based anywhere in the UK.
How can I apply?
To join Q you need to complete an application that will be assessed by people experienced in improvement from a range of different backgrounds.
You will need to submit the application using our online portal. The application should take no more than one to two hours and you can save the application at any time and return to it later.
In the application we ask you to reflect on two key areas:
- Experience and knowledge – your experience to date of using structured approaches to enable improvement
- Commitment – why you want to join Q
Once you submit your application, you’ll hear the outcome within 6 weeks.
We recommend that you refer to these documents while you’re completing your application.
If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org