Network Weaving is vital for building thriving networks and fostering collaboration for action. With roots in June Holley’s theories, this practical learning series offers an exciting opportunity to discover and practice the skills and behaviours needed for facilitating thriving networks. We are pleased to be able to offer 35 places for an upcoming series on Network Weaving, delivered virtually by The Strategy Group. Over the course of nine months, this series will equip Q community members with the skills to develop their networks and micro networks.
Who is it for?
You won’t need any prior understanding of Network Weaving to take part, but this set of workshops is especially suited to those looking to develop networks they’re currently leading or are part of, such as Q community Special Interest Groups or local networks.
What can I expect from this series, and what will the series expect of me?
Network Weaving is a practical learning series where you’ll gain knowledge of the tools and processes to support you to become a network leader. We’ll explore the changes and strategies you can implement in your role to enhance your network’s effectiveness. Throughout the workshops, we’ll also consider how you can use these tools to progress projects and support them over time.
There are two options for completing the learning series.
Option one: full series *FULLY BOOKED*
Over the course of nine months, you’ll attend workshops, Q&A, deeper learning and coaching sessions facilitated by the Strategy Group to learn and hone your Network Weaving skills with a group of 35 Q members. This online series is made up of:
- Five workshops
- Five Q&A sessions: Each session will allow you to bring up challenges and provide an opportunity to follow up on specific concerns or issues. These sessions will reinforce the work started in the workshop and provide guidance and direction for next steps.
- Five deeper learning sessions: These sessions will help you understand how to apply knowledge and skills and a space to practice with the tools and processes introduced during the workshops.
- Five coaching sessions: These group sessions support the learning from the workshops by helping network leaders think strategically about how to reinforce and support the behaviours that can transform network effectiveness.
You will get the most out of this series, including regular access to the experts in Network Weaving from the Strategy Group, if you can attend every session so please check your availability against the dates below before registering.
Please note that all these sessions will be delivered virtually over Zoom.
Option two: workshop only
If you’re interested in Network Weaving but can’t commit to the full series, you can register to attend the five workshops on the following dates:
- Workshop 1: Introduction to intentional collaborative networks – 10 November 2020
- Workshop 2: Setting up a network support system – 7 January 2021
- Workshop 3: Tools and practices to catalyse self-organised projects and innovations – 4 March 2021
- Workshop 4: Tools and practices to build network relationships – 29 April 2021
- Workshop 5: Tools and practices to build network leadership and network mindset – 8 June 2021
As part of this commitment and in the spirit of practising what you’ve learnt, you’ll also share your learning back to your organisation and across the Q community more widely.
Please see the full online schedule below:
Places for this series are limited; there are 35 places available for the full series (Option 1), and 250 places for the workshops (Option 2). Members who register to attend the full series will be notified by October with whether we’ve been able to offer a place.
We hope to support community members from all backgrounds and experiences who are leading and enabling networks, and encourage members from all backgrounds to register.
Please log in to register your place.