Skip to content

Q logo

Biography

I'm the Deputy Director of Improvement at the Health Foundation and the Programme Director of the Q initiative.
I've been at the Health Foundation since 2011 in various roles.  I led our work on leadership and then our safety portfolio.  I co-authored the Building Q and Challenges and Potential of Whole System Flow learning reports and the Health Foundation’s briefing on the Safer Clinical Systems programme.
Before joining the Health Foundation, I worked at a  hospital trust in East London, where Iwas the Director of Strategy and Service Improvement. I've spent my career leading improvement work at local and national level in the NHS, with particular expertise in process and system redesign, leading strategic change across organisations and patient safety.  While at the NHS Modernisation Agency, I managed a programme that worked with hospitals across England to encourage understanding of variation and flow and a more joined up approach to improvement.
I live in South London with my husband and two children.

Blog posts

• Plans for Q’s future: coming into clearer focus

Q's Programme Director, Penny Pereira shares an update on plans for the future of Q and invites members to join a webinar on 12 June.

• Q Exchange 2019: themes announced

Q Exchange will be even bigger and better in 2019. Penny Pereira announces the two themes and invites the Q community to get their thinking caps on.

• Planning for the long-term future of Q: why? Why now?

Penny Pereira introduces our plans for the future of Q, explains how we are building on what members have told us and invites members to get involved in helping us shape the future.

• What might the future hold for improvement? 

As the year draws to a close, Q lead Penny Pereira shares six key ways the world of improvement appears to be evolving and reflects on what this might mean for Q.

• Q, three years in – what we’ve learned so far

Ahead of the official launch of a new learning report from Q next week, Penny Pereira shares some of the latest developments and thoughts on what this 1000's strong community is revealing about the world of improvement.

• Q Exchange: the shortlisted 25

The list of the final 25 projects in the running for the Q Exchange is now live! With an impressive 139 proposals put forward, shortlisting was a challenging task. Here, panel chairs Penny Pereria and Sarah Henderson share insights from the process.

• Harnessing the power of feedback

Q Programme Director Penny Pereira shares her advice on making best use of feedback - drawing on the experience of co-designing Q.

• Q Exchange – What might make for a winning bid?

Penny Pereira shares a few thoughts on the kind of projects we’re looking to support via Q Exchange and what might make for a winning bid.

• Happy Q Year!

Penny Pereira, Programme Director for Q, looks at the year ahead, shares exciting plans for Q in 2018 and how members can get involved.

• Improvement to the power of Q

Penny Pereira reflects on the types of power we are generating through Q.

• Penny Pereira: Why I’ll be going on the Q visit to learn more about systems thinking

As a recently joined Q member Penny Pereira tells us why she will be going to the Q visit on systems thinking at Cambridge University on 29 September and why you might want to go too.

• Future Q

Penny Pereira, Programme Director for Q, reflects on Q's progress so far and invites you to join her to talk about plans for the long term model for Q.

Contact Penny Pereira

* required fields

Your message will be sent to this person's email address, and a copy will be kept on the server in case of delivery failures. By ticking this box you are agreeing to the Health Foundation's privacy policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.