National Primary Care Manager
1000 Lives Campaign, Public Health WalesWales
National Primary Care Programme Manager for 1000Lives. Interested in primary care safety, complexity and communities of practice.
Pharmacist by background so also interested in using QI techniques to improve the use of medicines and to reduce antimicrobial resistance. Previously worked in Welsh Government, has been a Head of Pharmacy and Medicines Management, CEO of Community Pharmacy Wales and Director for Wales for the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
My change of career and current interests came about in large measure to my participation in the Health Foundation's 'Generation Q' programme.
Q Exchange ideas
Repeat prescriptions account for 80% of prescriptions. The system is inherent with failure demand. We want to develop toolkits to support practices improve their own systems through self-analysis and co-design.
Areas of interest
- Improving Improvement (Q Exchange project)
- Psychology for Improvement
- Q Exchange 2018 Award Holders
- Q Visits
- Liberating Structures in healthcare
- Closing the gap: developing improvers for a complex world
- Organisational Resilience & Safety-II
- Q Reading Club
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Medicine Management
- Primary Care
- Communities of Practice
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement