Skip to content

Q logo

Latest group activity

• Hi everyone;
    We have two ‘live’ conversations at the moment
    – Brave New Work – initiated by Allison – timeline July
    – To Obama – initiated by Heather – timeline September

Does anyone else wish to initiate a reading conversation? Maybe using something shorter as stimulus material – a blog? an open access article or publication?

• HI Heather and Members. Great to catch up on this conversation. I just love this book and would be delighted to join a conversation in September. I was half way through the book (marks, x and inspirational insights) and misplaced it! So would be really interested in getting to read the second part of the story… ordering replacement now. I…Read more

• Jane Ross posted an update 1 week, 4 days ago

To Obama by Jeanne-Marie Laskas – looks an intriguing read. The end of September or early October works for me x

• I’d love to host a conversation about To Obama by Jeanne-Marie Laskas. I’m really keen to explore how the thoughts about leadership and systematic yet personal conversations with the American public apply to health and care services in the UK and Ireland. Anyone else fancy it? Would September suit?

• I would really support this Heather. I see lots of conversations around systems change and integration but so much less about engaging in conversations with the public about the changes that need to happen.

I would be in for this – great to see planning forward – gives us chance to get copies and read with bit more leisure.
      Good if this could be…Read more

• Hi Heather, the book looks fascinating and I’d be keen to join this discussion.

• allison chiu posted an update 1 week, 6 days ago

Hello everyone, you should be getting your books soon!
    Great questions on how to do this. I’m thinking we can do a mix of synchronous/asynchronous discussion. We can use this discussion board as we read through the book and can share our relfections. Once we are finished we can meet-up via Zoom to discuss overall reflections? We can aim to have…Read more

• Jo Bangoura posted an update 2 weeks ago

This books looks really interesting. I’m up to my eyeballs in Masters reading at the moment but would love to join the discussion session if possible, assuming that’s how this works?

• Marie Davies posted an update 2 weeks ago

Just ordered. Looking forward to discussion. Mine is arriving by the 26th.

• allison posted an update 2 weeks ago

I’m very excited to start reading Brave New Work. Hopefully still applicable in the post-covid world. Let’s aim to have Part 1 read by July 8.

• Jane Ross posted an update 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Hi chaps,
    I’ve ordered today, its due this Wednesday 24th. I’ll go with the consensus of initial reading time and work towards it. How about two weeks for part 1 of 50 pages, to allow for reflection time as a conservative starter suggestion? J x

• I’m also in given enough time

• I’m in! Going to source the book today!

• allison posted an update 2 weeks, 3 days ago

I have been wanting to read “Brave New Work” by Aaron Dignan. Is anyone interested in reading this?

• Hi Chaps,

I’ve just reconnected and plugged into the group. Looking forward to the next read. I can help Heather if that’s useful, not sure how but I’m always willing !

• Load more

About this group

This group offers a space where members can continue their own professional development through a virtual book club. The idea is that a particular time period and place is identified for a discussion space about a specific book/article/chapter/blog. Members can join in at a time that suits their personal commitments to read and contribute to the conversation. The first publication discussed was Carl Macrae’s ‘The problem with incident reporting’ in BMJ Quality & Safety. This was followed by a twitter-chat on ‘Does quality improvement improve quality’ by Dixon-Woods and Martin.

This group is convened by Heather Shearer

Active members

• Profile photo of Matthew Drewicz
  • Profile photo of Rachel Pool
  • Profile photo of Olivia Bush
  • Profile photo of Paul Gimson
  • Profile photo of Isabel Ho
  • Profile photo of Jane Nicholson
  • Profile photo of Matthew Mezey
  • Profile photo of Jo Bangoura