Clinical Lead for Quality Improvement
Walsall Healthcare NHS TrustEngland - West Midlands
Hesham is a consultant paediatrician and Clinical lead for Quality Improvement in his integrated NHS Trust, Walsall Healthcare. He is also Director of Medical Education.
He has won national awards in patient-centred care (PENNA) and patient safety (HSJ) and is a senior lecturer at Keele University in healthcare improvement and patient safety.
His project to develop Hexitime, the Healthcare Skill Exchange Timebank won support from Q members at the Q Exchange 2018 and has subsequently won an international innovation award- see blog below.
Q Exchange ideas
Sustaining and spreading the successful enhanced care homes programme through co-production, digital technology and improvement methodology.
A platform for Q members to post their need for QI support or look for QI work opportunities. Q members then complete the work and Bank that time to claim resources back from the community.
Q member, Hesham Abdalla, discusses the light shone by COVID-19 on inequalities within health and care, and Hexitime’s new campaign to support BAME health care staff.
Hesham Abdalla, Consultant Paediatician Senior Lecturer in Healthcare Management and Leadership, Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust, introduces Hexitime, the new skills exchange for Q members.
Areas of interest
- Acute care
- Children and young people
- Integrated care
- Patient and public involvement
- Patient experience
- Patient safety
- Person-centred care
- Quality improvement
- Network Weaving learning series
- Network Weaving
- Delivering Virtual Training (#ConnectingImprovers)
- Achieving equity through QI
- Improvement Capability framework project
- Q Exchange 2018 Award Holders
- Q Visits
- Liberating Structures in healthcare
- Applying behavioural insights in healthcare
- Improving Joy in Work
- Measurement for Improvement
- Human Factors
- Lean Healthcare
- Q Special Interest Groups/Communities of Practice
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Urgent and Emergency Care
- Learning from Excellence
- Q Lab – peer support group
- Primary Care
- Communities of Practice
- Q Connectors
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement