Consultant Paediatrician and Head of Quality Improvement
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
England - Oxford
Hesham is a consultant paediatrician and Head of Quality Improvement in his NHS Trust, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
He has won national awards in patient-centred care (PENNA) and patient safety (HSJ) and is a senior lecturer at Keele University in healthcare improvement and patient safety.
His project to develop Hexitime, the Healthcare Skill Exchange Timebank won support from Q members at the Q Exchange 2018 and has subsequently won an international innovation award- see blog below.
He is a board member of the Q Community and trustee of the Point of Care Foundation, whose mission is to humanise healthcare.
Q Exchange ideas
Sustaining and spreading the successful enhanced care homes programme through co-production, digital technology and improvement methodology.
A platform for Q members to post their need for QI support or look for QI work opportunities. Q members then complete the work and Bank that time to claim resources back from the community.
Q member, Hesham Abdalla, discusses the light shone by COVID-19 on inequalities within health and care, and Hexitime’s new campaign to support BAME health care staff.
Hesham Abdalla, Consultant Paediatician Senior Lecturer in Healthcare Management and Leadership, Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust, introduces Hexitime, the new skills exchange for Q members.
Contact Hesham Abdalla
You need to be logged in to contact Q members.
If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.
If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.
Areas of interest
- Acute care
- Children and young people
- Integrated care
- Patient and public involvement
- Patient experience
- Patient safety
- Person-centred care
- Quality improvement
- Q Visit: Public Digital (virtual)
- Child Health and Wellbeing Group
- Network Weaving learning series
- Network Weaving
- Delivering Virtual Training (#ConnectingImprovers)
- Achieving equity through QI
- Improvement Capability framework project
- Q Exchange 2018 Award Holders
- Q Visits
- Liberating Structures in healthcare
- Applying behavioural insights in healthcare
- Improving Joy in Work
- Closing the gap: developing improvers for a complex world
- Measurement for Improvement
- Human Factors
- Lean Healthcare
- Q Special Interest Groups/Communities of Practice
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Urgent and Emergency Care
- Learning from Excellence
- Q Lab – peer support group
- Primary Care
- Staff Wellbeing and Quality Health Care
- Communities of Practice
- Q Connectors
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement