Skip to content

Naseeb Ezaydi

Research Assistant

School of Medicine and Population Health, The University of Sheffield

Image of 'Naseeb Ezaydi

Biography

Experienced research assistant working at the clinical trials research unit (CTRU) within the University of Sheffield. I have worked as a qualitative researcher, focusing on underserved populations in the settings of inflammatory bowel disease care and student mental health.

Study manager of AWARE-IBD, as one of only four projects to be funded under a new Health Foundation programme called Common Ambition. The aim of the 3-year project was to re-design IBD services, shaped by those who use them – people with Crohn’s and Colitis. We aimed to put patients in control of their care by i) co-designing a structure to enable them to tell care teams what is important to them; and ii) making that visible in multidisciplinary care team meetings and patient consultations, to optimise care.

With the support of Crohn’s & Colitis UK, working with Microsystem Coaching Academy (MCA), ScHARR and VoiceAbility, the project brought patients, clinicians and commissioners together to define purpose, understand priorities, map processes, examine patterns in data and steer service redesign. A Patient Oversight Committee provided feedback and steered the process throughout.
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/research/centres/ctru/aware-ibd

My research interests are in co-production:
Ezaydi, N, Sheldon, E, Kenny, A, Buck, ET, Weich, S. Service user involvement in mental health service commissioning, development and delivery: a systematic review of service level outcomes. Health Expect. 2023; 26: 1453-1466. doi:10.1111/hex.13788

I am also a tutor for the Introduction to Research Methods module and co-supervise medical student research attachments.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Naseeb Ezaydi

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.