Skip to content

Elfie Astbury

Senior Project Nurse

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Image of 'Elfie Astbury

Biography

I am an accomplished, compassionate and inspiring Registered Nurse, who is passionate about investing in and professionally developing our nursing and AHP workforce to allow them to thrive and flourish at work.

I am recognised as an approachable, fair and knowledgeable leader and educator, who is continually striving for improvement to improve staff experience and care quality. Throughout my career, I have demonstrated how important it is to build and promote a positive working culture, focused on the well-being of our staff, therefore enabling them to deliver the excellent, high-quality, compassionate care that they wish to provide. I foster a positive culture of recognition & appreciation, ensuring that staff achievements are acknowledged and celebrated.

I am an advocate for collective leadership/shared governance & passionate about enabling frontline staff's voice to be heard and placed at the centre of decision making processes - empowering staff and driving the future strategic changes to enhance this provision. Being a member of the Senior Leadership Team for Shared Professional Decision Making, I am involved in embedding collective ownership within my organisation and helping to prepare to launch Pathway to Excellence.

I am proud to lead and support my nursing colleagues in my Professional Nurse Advocate role, encouraging them to lead on quality improvement which in turn, improves patient care. Additionally, I use my coaching skills in restorative clinical supervision sessions with colleagues, which encourage reflective conversations and positively contribute to personal and professional development.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Elfie Astbury

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.