Skip to content

William Nicholson

Freelance health & wellbeing consultant

W A Nicholson Limited

Image of 'William Nicholson

Biography

I have over 20 years of experience of improvement, initially in the corporate sector before moving into healthcare. I have recently relocated to Northern Ireland with my family from South London and excited to make new connections in the HSC and beyond.

I initially spent 10 years as a business advisor at Deloitte and EY advising over 30 businesses across a range of sectors at a senior level. I moved into healthcare improvement, becoming Chief Executive then Board Director of Bridges Self-Management, a social enterprise that works with neuro-rehabilitation teams to deliver QI projects that embed best practice self-management support into service delivery. I gained significant experience bringing together teams with very different skills, perspectives and backgrounds to co-create new and enhanced service offerings.

This led to several roles within integrated care programmes including: Resilient Communities Lead at Southwark and Lambeth Integrated Care and Thriving Communities Lead at Lambeth Together. These roles involved working on a wide-range of QI programmes bringing together teams from acute, community, primary and social care alongside the VCSE to redesign health and care services.

The last 5 years of my career has focused on creating the conditions for innovation and improvement projects to sustain. This has involved establishing and facilitating a number of cross-sector/cross-disciplinary networks and partnerships (eg The Southwark Culture Health and Wellbeing Partnership and Lambeth Portuguese Wellbeing Partnership) to build relationships needed for projects to succeed longer-term.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact William Nicholson

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.