Skip to content

Laura Proctor

Project and programme Lead

The Yorkshire and Humber Improvement Academy.

Image of 'Laura Proctor

Biography

I joined the Improvement Academy in 2018 as a clinical leadership fellow after a 13 year career in the NHS, working as a physiotherapist. This experience led to a keen interest in advocating for patients and staff on the frontline. I am passionate about enhancing understanding of the experiences, needs and stressors experienced by these groups, and in my work seek to guide, influence and support those senior managers and leaders involved and responsible for specific improvement response work. I use my knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of teamwork, personal clinical experience, qualitative methods to convey and encourage constructive and psychologically safe dialogue for improvement. My involvement in improvement projects aims to enhance and support frontline staff in their safe and quality delivery of frontline care, whilst also seeking to improve staff well-being and morale, known to be linked to patient safety. These projects focus on interpersonal team relationships, inclusive leadership, team culture, promoting psychological safety, understanding where the pinch points lie, celebrating and spotlighting success and include: PET+; Lightening the Load; Patient Safety Collaborative loneliness in care homes project and ARCS. Laura is on the Bradford Centre for Qualitative research committee and is an advocate for use qualitative methods in improvement interventions.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Laura Proctor

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.