*** This visit has reached capacity but please do register for the waiting list***
Behavioural science insights help shed a light on the ways people think and act in real life, and how this knowledge can be used to influence actions.
After a lot of positive feedback and interest in the behavioural insights breakout session at the 2018 UK-wide community event, we’re offering members a fantastic opportunity to visit a leading global communications agency to find out more about the people element of change.
Hearing about behavioural insights and the different systems for thinking we operate all of the time – 95% of decisions are made using system 1 however system 1 is much more error prone – scary! #QEvent2018 pic.twitter.com/HaHiNVOwO4
— Dan Harley (@DanHarley3) September 19, 2018
The visit is being hosted by global PR and integrated communications agency WPP Health and Wellness, part of the world’s largest communications agency, WPP, which has led on high profile healthcare campaigns including Stoptober and Change for Life.
Formerly head of the Department of Health’s behavioural insights team, Dan Berry has led on numerous behavioural trials and evaluations to tackle issues within the NHS. These have included reducing the over-prescription of antibiotics, reducing hospital appointment no-shows and improving patient adherence to drug treatment. In 2014, Dan was joint winner of the UK Government Social Research Award for research of high quality that is innovative and demonstrates practical value.
- Learn how H+K Smarter uses behavioural insights and communications approaches to develop effective campaigns
- Explore how these approaches can be applied to healthcare challenges and quality improvement projects
- Gain hands-on experience of using behavioural insights and communications through interactive challenges on the day
Who is the visit for?
Any members with an interest in using communications, behavioural insights and human factors to lead large scale change.
- Capacity There are 20 places for this visit, available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Location The visit will be in London – we’ll send out more detailed travel details once you’ve confirmed your spot
- Expenses While the cost of the visit itself is covered, as development opportunity, expenses will not be covered
- CPD We encourage you to ask your organisation for professional/study leave to attend, if this is available to you, as CPD points are available