A conference for healthcare, Human Factors, procurement and design
Clinicians tell us about poor design in healthcare and the impact on patient safety – from mistakes with kit, wrong route medication errors, and IT systems that add to the workload of an already stretched workforce. 230 preventable deaths per week reported in 2017. It’s likely that design is a contributing factor in a significant proportion, although detailed and thorough investigation is needed to tease out these issues (as shown by HSIB reports).
Venue: Royal College of Nursing, 20 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0RN
Registration: from 09.00 (Start 09.30, Concludes 16.30)
- Martin Bromiley OBE
- Dr Tom Clutton-Brock – Anaesthesia and Critical Care Birmingham University
- Richard Featherstone – Director Human Factors Research & Design – Emergo by UL
- Tracey Herlihey – Head of Safety Intelligence HSIB
- Colette Longstaffe – Product Assurance Specialist – NHS Supply Chain
- Dan Jenkins – Head of Research (Human Factors and Interaction) DCA Design International
- Alana Wood and Ashley Sumner DeepMind Health – Streams
- Professor Chris Frerk, Anaesthetist.