This first video call (at 4pm, December 20th) will get a conversation going about what the key issues and challenges are in healthcare associated with PPI and Diversity.
I would also like to discuss more about the event I am holding with NHS England on the 25th Jan 2018 ‘From Tokenism to Empowerment: ‘Improving Quality and Safety for Patients and Public through Diversity in Participation’.
Specific objectives of the event will explore:
• key issues and evidence associated with why some groups are more at risk of harm and poorer health outcomes
• the barriers and enablers to the involvement and participation of diverse communities in healthcare
• the benefits, methods and approaches which can be used to ensure diverse communities have a voice in their own care and healthcare quality and safety
• How NHS organisations and staff can be supported to improve quality and safety for patients and public through diversity in participation.
More about Josephine Ocloo: ‘My Improvement Journey‘.
Details to join the (Zoom) video call are below. You can also join by phone without video. (NB You can join the call up to 30 minutes early, to get set up – but the call itself will start at 4pm).
Topic: Q PPI and Diversity SIG – starting our conversation on equality and diversity: 4pm
Time: Dec 20, 2017 4 PM London (the Zoom call will be open from 3.30pm, but starts at 4).
There are 3 different ways to join the call:
1. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/926722706
2. iPhone one-tap :
United Kingdom: +442036950088,,926722706#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)：
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088
Meeting ID: 926 722 706
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=aJf6-YSMsWOQ7zxS4oJ0k2wuxdgB0dKr