Whilst we’ve had to put Q Visits on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions, there’s a wealth of learning from previous events to be shared more widely with the community.
We explored how you can support organisation-wide improvement using tried and tested methodology, harnessing the enthusiasm of those alongside you.
We heard from three speakers with experience of successfully leading improvement across organisations and systems:
- Katherine Brittin – Associate Director of Qi at East London Foundation Trust
- Auzewell Chitewe – Director of Qi at East London Foundation Trust
- Dr Iain Smith Head of Programme Lead – Improvement Methodology, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Together we explored three key areas:
- We looked at continuous improvement approaches and how they have been applied across organisations to build capability and capacity by organising around a common approach.
Engaging the workforce
- We explored approaches to engagement such as the Gallup 12, Joy In Work and multiple ways to engage staff through problem solving.
Developing Improvement Cultures
- We shared how organisations define what ‘the right thing’ is in their context and create climates in which people lead by example.