Whilst we’ve had to put Q Visits on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions, there’s a wealth of learning from previous events to be shared more widely with the community. Join us for the final in our series of online events, sharing practical learning and insight from previous Q Visits.
For this session we’ll explore how you can support organisation-wide improvement using tried and tested methodology, harnessing the enthusiasm of those alongside you.
We’ll hear from three speakers with experience of successfully leading improvement across organisations and systems:
- Katherine Brittin – Associate Director of Qi at East London Foundation Trust
- Auzewell Chitewe – Director of Qi at East London Foundation Trust
- Dr Iain Smith Head of Programme Lead – Improvement Methodology, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Together we’ll explore three key areas:
There may be a buzz of enthusiasm about improvement within your workplace, but how do you channel that energy to address key objectives? We will share examples of how organisations marshal improvement work across their whole organisation, balancing top-down and bottom-up improvement work.
- We’ll look at continuous improvement approaches and how they have been applied across organisations to build capability and capacity by organising around a common approach.
Engaging the workforce
The link between performance and staff engagement is well documented. We’ll share how organisations have gone about generating joy at work, how engagement can be generated within well-designed systems, and the critical importance of the line manager in facilitating engagement.
- We’ll explore approaches to engagement such as the Gallup 12, Joy In Work and multiple ways to engage staff through problem solving.
Developing Improvement Cultures
Cultures change one behaviour at a time. Most people have positive intentions, so it’s about making sure they have the support, through infrastructure and leadership, to do the right thing.
- We’ll share how organisations define what ‘the right thing’ is in their context and create climates in which people lead by example.
You will also have time in the workshop to connect with fellow Q members and discuss how what you’ve heard during the session can be applied to your work.
We hope to see you there!
Please note: this session will be recorded.