This visit was hosted by NHS Blood & Transplant, and gave Q members insight on development and application of continuous improvement within a diverse and highly complex organisation. NHS Blood & Transplant has a unique role within the wider NHS of saving and improving lives through relationships and services delivered to both volunteer donors and hospitals.
- Understand the journey of continuous improvement within NHS Blood and Transplant that originated in lean principles.
- See first-hand how processes have been improved in different settings of manufacturing, laboratory and support functions using continuous improvement principles.
- Understand how continuous improvement functions are responding to business needs and cultural challenges.
- Understand how the organisation’s external partnerships and exchange forums contribute to the continuation and development of best practice.
Who would benefit from this Q Visit?
This visit is relevant for all Q members, in particular Q members:
- interested in continuous improvement, Lean, process improvement,
- working in blood donation, transplant, clinical science
- based in the South West.
20 spaces are available for Q members on a first-come first-basis.