Clinical Improvement Lead, National Value Based Healthcare Team, Wales
Value_based Healthcare WalesWales
- Clinical Improvement Lead, Value-Based Health Care, Wales.
- My main role is in Value-Based healthcare, where I contribute Quality Improvement skills and clinical leadership to the team. Value in Health is a national programme of work striving towards achieving a Value-Based Health Care approach across NHS Wales in support of Prudent Healthcare principles.
- Quality Improvement Tutor, HEIW.
- I teach QI to doctors in training, and to their trainers. Health Education and Improvement Wales has embarked on an ambitious QIST programme to equip healthcare professionals with the appropriate skills (including leadership, change management and quality improvement methodology) to undertake Quality Improvement activity that will invariably lead to improvements in patient care making healthcare safer, efficient, effective and equitable.
- GP, Western Vale Family Practice, Vale of Glamorgan.
- I have extensive Primary Care experience, and still undertake regular clinical work in a GP surgery, working within a multi-disciplinary team.
Q Exchange ideas
Areas of interest
- Collaboration and networking
- Patient and public involvement
- Patient experience
- Patient safety
- Person-centred care
- Quality improvement
- Delivering Virtual Training (#ConnectingImprovers)
- Video consultations: how to set them up well, fast?
- Psychology for Improvement
- Primary Care