Skip to content

Nikki Cotterill

Associate Professor in Continence Care

University of the West of England

Image of 'Nikki Cotterill

Biography

I qualified as a registered nurse in 1999 having trained at UWE Bristol, and consolidated my training with posts in acute medicine and short stay surgery. Since 2003 I have worked in the field of Continence research. I completed my PhD in 2009 at the University of Bristol, developing a patient centred evaluation for faecal incontinence and its impact on quality of life. I have a developing portfolio of studies and national NIHR collaborations with a strong emphasis on the patient experience and improving patient outcomes.

I am a current Florence Nightingale Leadership Scholar and am driving the development of a Bladder and Bowel Health Integration Team through Bristol Health Partners to collaboratively advance clinical practice research and education associated with continence care, support self-help and prevention of deterioration initiatives, and impact on policy. Co-production methodology has been instrumental to identify need and strategies to improve continence care, bringing together healthcare practitioners across the healthcare spectrum, medics, commissioners, patients, public and the charity sector.

I am delighted to join the Q community to focus on improving bladder and bowel care through shared experiences, networking, development and innovative approaches.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Nikki Cotterill

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.