Meet the team: #Eurekadoc
- Dr Aroon Baskaradas
- Dr Lafina Diamandis
- Ahoora Baranian
- Dr Alan Salih
Who is this for?
We work with healthcare professionals throughout the NHS – predominantly junior doctors but also GP’s, medical students, and allied health professionals such as nurses and pharmacists.
Who are we?
Eurekadoc is a startup organisation providing education and inspiration to healthcare professionals to support them with their career development and personal well=being.
Our team is made up of trainee doctors, engineers and creatives who have had interesting career paths including consulting and property investing but have all returned to serve the very professionals who run our NHS.
At our very core, we believe in the power of people and their ability to do whatever they set their minds to, in the pursuit of helping others.
What problems are we trying to solve?
We have three areas of focus:
- NHS healthcare professionals are brilliant at what they do and highly trained in their own field but they are often put in positions of leadership or in charge of organisations with very little business knowledge- we aim to bridge that gap by providing relevant books, courses webinars or topics such as finance, leadership entrepreneurship and investing
- These same professionals are facing unprecedented levels of stress, work overload and financial pressures – our second goal is to put their personal well-being and health at the center of their lives and give them the tools to take back the control and passion in their lives
- Finally, the world is changing. A lot of the careers advice and education that they receive is outdated and not adapting fast enough for the modern workplace or lifestyle. Our ultimate goal is to build a community for them to start important conversations and empower them to lead the lives and careers they deserve using a more modern philosophies and entrepreneurial thinking
What stage are we at?
We have already tested our idea and we have 1500 newsletter subscribers, have run over 10 webinars, around 15 live courses so far and have three online courses. We are still trialing and testing what content and delivery methods work best for people. We are still experimenting with new ideas such as design thinking, digital health, career design workshops.
What would we do with the grant?
We are seeking the resources to grow, spread our message, and help create high quality, professional content.
Essentially we’d like to:
- Create new courses and learning opportunities
- Streamline our online platform and make content more accessible
- Professionally record more of our content
- Have the resources to afford strong marketing support
- Our whole team are volunteers, we’ve lost some good people and would like to provide some very modest financial support that could allow some of them to continue this important work
We want to become the new home of medical careers that takes are holistic view of people’s lives and needs whilst supporting them in their personal and professional development.
Find out more at: http://www.eurekadoc.com/about
How you can contribute
- Spread our message and help promote to variety of channels
- Provide valuable contacts in digital educational platforms
- Help us with scale up