Skip to content

Julian Simcox

Patient Leader

West of England Academic Health Science Network; Sunnyside Surgery (Clevedon)North Somerset CCG;

Image of 'Julian Simcox

Biography

Following a conventional career in retail operations and manufacturing systems which included 10 years with Clarks Shoes, I started my own consulting business in 1994 using a Deming-based approach to delivering organisational quality via a culture of continual improvement – applied in both in the private and public sector, and typically retained by each organisational client for 4 years. When working with a PCT 2007-09 I helped shape the World Class Commissioning initiative, and later with Simon Dodds developed BaseLine (the NHSi-endorsed SPC Tool). Now semi-retired, I am Chair of a GP Patient Group and CCG Lay Representative. I am also Public Contributor to the West of England AHSN. These hats allow me to seed innovation initiatives that are designed to bring about sustained health and wellbeing outcomes. I have two passions: (1) helping individual patients self-empower and self-care using a combination of their own self-collected data, and the data collected by their GP Surgery - in effect patients as improvement scientists.  This enhances personal understanding in the patient’s mind-body system and helps them sustain what are for them better outcomes. (2) Engendering genuine co-production in NHS and PH decision-making e.g. patients co-producing the CCG’s Integrated Performance Report as a basis for patients being able to prompt focused improvement activity in providers.

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

Contact Julian Simcox

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.