Skip to content

Joseph Durham (he/him)

Quality Improvement Manager

West London NHS Trust

Image of 'Joseph Durham

Biography

Currently QI Manager at West London NHS Trust and proud to manage a cohesive motivated team of QI Facilitators. Together we have bolstered meaningful QI activity across the Trust and established QI as an essential component within the governance structure of each directorate. As Interim Head of QI for 10 months, I steered the recently approved QI Trust Strategy (2021-25), chaired Trust wide QI meetings, delivered Board level reports and built strong relationships with neighbouring Trust QI teams to influence QI within the local integrated care system. Attending the International Forum on Quality & Safety in Healthcare was a highlight of 2023. As lead author of e-poster “Building Qi capability whilst finding joy” we shared the findings of our collaborative approach to building teams’ improvement knowledge and skills with a shared focus of improving staff experience (informed through the lens of the IHI Framework for Improving Joy in Work).

A passionate Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered allied health professional (AHP), I graduated as a Physiotherapist in 2007. My physiotherapy career began in St John of God services (Dublin, Ireland), I went on to lead a physiotherapy service for children and adults with learning disabilities. Moved to London in 2015, led and developed a physiotherapy service for adults with learning disabilities in Ealing, following a spell in wheelchair services building on my passion for postural management and complex seating, returned to adult learning disability services in Ealing as Head of Therapies. Current London Regional Representative for the National Greener AHP Partnership Group, reporting directly to Chief AHP for London, disseminating and communicating updates in national guidance and standards and responsible for developing London networks to advance AHP-led environmentally sustainable healthcare initiatives.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Joseph Durham

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.