Skip to content

Ian Setchfield

Acute Care Nurse Consultant

East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Ian Setchfield

Biography

I am an Acute Care Nurse Consultant, currently working for East Kent University Hopsitals Foundation Trust (EKHUFT). This innovative post aims to support the organisation in meeting the increasing pressures facing urgent and emergency care by providing a senior clinical nursing career pathway which works collaboratively with both medical and allied health professionals. I have  worked as a Critical Care Matron and also served for 13 years as a member of the Critical Care Air Support Team in the Royal Air Force.

Utilising a 'whole system approach ' to enable workforce development to deliver person-centred pathways across the haelath care economy that are both safe and effective in acute care is one of my key areas of interest along with the deteriorating  patient and quality improvement.  Whilst leading on the introduction of advanced practice within EKHUFT, I am also a council member  on the Society for Acute Medicine  where I am also working  with the RCN to identify national standards for acute medicine ACPs.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Ian Setchfield

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.