Skip to content

Biography

I have recently located from the West Midlands to join the Local Maternity System in Sussex and East Surrey, initially focusing on service user engagement and the development of Maternity Voice Partnerships across the region.

Previously, I worked as Project Manager in the Transformation Team at Birmingham Women & Children's NHS Foundation Trust working on a range of projects, including maximising the effective use of available capacity across the whole 'system' through the development of integrated clinical networks and addressing complex health and care needs more efficiently in partnership with other organisations, e.g. housing adaptations/ new housing and provision of neuro-rehabilitation services. I also worked with my colleagues to deliver training in quality improvement and support staff with delivering smaller scale improvement projects that they have identified in their immediate working environments.

Prior to that, I worked at the West Midlands Clinical Network (NHS England) for almost four years and at the Birmingham, Sandwell & Solihull Cardiac & Stroke Network prior to that, having joined the NHS in September 2008. I worked in the areas of Atrial Fibrillation (Stroke prevention) at the Clinical Network, as well as working on projects around increasing kidney transplantation and detecting Chronic Kidney Disease. During this time I completed a MSc in Healthcare Leadership with the NHS Leadership Academy (the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson programme) and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP). At the Cardiac & Stroke Network, I helped design, deliver and evaluate training programmes in Stroke and Heart Failure and completed training in Prince2.

I came to the NHS having worked in the Church of England (Children's Worker) and in the private sector (Human Resources - I am a CIPD Member) so my experience is very varied!

Contact Cecily Hollingworth

* required fields

Your message will be sent to this person's email address, and a copy will be kept on the server in case of delivery failures. By ticking this box you are agreeing to the Health Foundation's privacy policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

External links

Areas of interest