Skip to content

Una Hughes

Children\'s Nursing Services Training Coordinator

Southern Health and Social Care Trust

Image of 'Una Hughes

Biography

I am a paediatric nurse, I have worked in various roles within the NHS and am currently in an education role working closely alongside the Community Children's Nursing Team and Vocational Workforce Assessment Team. I coordinate, assess and provide training for RQF Level 3 Diploma for all Healthcare assistants within the children and young people directorate including Acute, Community and Neonatal. I provide the theory training throughout the Southern Trust for all classroom assistants of children with complex nursing needs. I am passionate about providing good quality education to support and improve care and promote integration for all children and young people especially those with complex nursing needs.

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

• Transforming training for carers of children with complex needs

With the leadership of a determined paediatric nurse, a team of parents, carers and education and health professionals is bringing about a transformation in carer training for children with complex care needs. Una Hughes tells us about using the power of co-production and whole system thinking.

Contact Una Hughes

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.