Skip to content

Allison Farnworth

Senior Research Midwife

Newcastle University

Image of 'Allison Farnworth

Biography

I am a senior research midwife working at Newcastle University.  I have worked for a number of years on research related to midwifery and reproductive health.  Over the past decade I have developed an interest in knowledge mobilisation and improvement science.  I have worked as a Knowledge Transfer Associate and have held an NIHR Knowledge Mobilisation Fellowship.  My particular interests involve understanding how knowledge held by frontline health and care workers, and those accessing health care services, influences health care quality (the subject of my PhD), and how that knowledge can shape improvements in care and support innovative practice.  I also have an interest in understanding implementation at a regional level and am funded by the AHSN to explore the implementation of obstetric innovation across the North East and North Cumbria region.

Alongside my academic research work,  I also work as a clinical research midwife and, in particular, manage clinical activities relating to recruitment for the Human Developmental Biology Resource.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Allison Farnworth

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.