Skip to content

Howard Cooper

Safety and Quality Improvement Manager

Powys Teaching Local Health Board

Image of 'Howard Cooper

Biography

I work in the Powys Teaching Health Board, covering a geographically large, but sparsely populated, area of Wales.  As you would expect our work focusses on providing out of hospital care and diagnostics as well as the rapid identification of patients needing urgent acute care out of county.

I have a PhD in microbial genetics and undertook both research and diagnostic work in the field of genetics and man/microbe interactions.  Moving to an office based role I developed skills in clinical audit, research governance and health litigation completing a part time degree in law whilst Head of Clinical Governance.  I was privileged to take part in the 1000 Lives patient safety campaign in Wales and was involved in a number of projects to reduce in patient falls, eliminate surgical hypothermia and adapt the all-Wales National Early Warning Score (NEWS) for use in a community setting.

My current interests are around the delivery of appropriate Quality Improvement training and the facilitation of the constructive disruption of the status quo

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Howard Cooper

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.