Skip to content

Biography

As Improvement Manager at UCLPartners in London I lead our patient safety programmes. I have a strong interest in driving current and emerging patient safety improvements and promoting measurement for improvement capabilities. I am passionate about bringing positive and sustainable change to healthcare and developing an environment conducive to a culture of continuous organisational and personal learning.

Currently I am working on imporving care for children with sepsis, adult patients at the risk of deterioration and those who are being cared for in hospitals during their final stages of life. Furthermore, I am leading our measurement training, helping healthcare and other professionals to get their head around measuring improvements and technical bits such as data types and the variety of SPC charts.

Prior to joining UCLPartners, I worked for many years in media and communications followed by a move into healthcare. This includes service developments in palliative care, system implementation and the management of evaluations of end-of-life care and care for the dying on behalf of two London CCGs as well as the management of multiple research programmes.

I have been interested in improvement and evidence-based care since gaining my MSc in Global Health in 2012. I have been a member of the UCLPartners 2016 Improvement Fellows programme, trained in quality improvement through the IHI and completed the IHI Breakthrough Series College in 2017.

Contact Thomas Weijburg

* required fields

Your message will be sent to this person's email address, and a copy will be kept on the server in case of delivery failures. By ticking this box you are agreeing to the Health Foundation's privacy policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

External links

Areas of interest