Skip to content

Steven Bartley

Associate Director Improvement and Redesign

Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Steven Bartley

Biography

I has been applying and promoting continuous improvement since 1992. I was appointed as Associate Director Improvement and Redesign at TEWV in April 2022 with a portfolio that encompasses QI, Coaching, Workforce Information and Strategic Workforce Planning. Prior to this I was Head of QI at TEWV from October 2018 having previously held the position of Head of External KPO. The QI function provides support including training, coaching and direct facilitation of improvement activity as well as the hosting of a number of programmes and projects. This enables TEWV to improve the quality and value of services by looking at existing ways of operating, removing wastes from processes and maximising activities that add value.

I previously spent 12 years in the automotive and manufacturing sector progressing from a manufacturing role to that of business process engineer. During this time I learned and applied improvement thinking on a daily basis. Improvement activities ranged from shop floor process improvements to development of stock control initiatives to back office improvements

I have worked in the Public Sector since 2004 across Mental Health, Local Authority and Acute care settings. During this time I have been involved in improvement activity ranging across the whole spectrum from front line services to back office functions.

I became a Virginia Mason certified leader in 2010 as part of Darlington Dementia Collaborative and has since gone on to lead or coach over 100 Rapid Improvement Events. I have delivered improvement activity across multi-agency environments including Acute Care, Mental Health, Social Care, Primary Care, Voluntary Sector, Local Government and Taxation. I was also the lead in the establishment of the Darlington Long Term Conditions Collaborative.

I am a certified coach and an experienced Lean 3P/Design Event facilitator and RPDW leader.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Steven Bartley

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.

External links

Areas of interest