Skip to content

Kate Goodwin

Lead Project Manager, Improvement Team

Somerset NHS FT

Image of 'Kate Goodwin

Biography

I work in Somerset Foundation Trust leading the Project Management Team in developing a fantastic tool to support the organisation to understand where it is against the delivery of hundreds of projects that it runs.

I'm passionate about introducing "humane project management" to overcome the perception that it is just bureaucracy that gets in the way of improving services. I believe that it is a positive way of helping the Trust to manage its work. I am always seeking new ways to engage with project teams to ensure long-term user adoption of best-practice principles.

In my five years in the NHS I have also been a programme manager for the Covid Vaccination programme, and have overseen the programme management of the mergers of the Somerset Trusts.

Before joining the NHS I qualified as an archaeologist, was a programme manager in global telecoms manufacturing, worked in nuclear decommissioning and even had a stint as a programme manager on a capital redevelopment project at Exeter Cathedral so I've experienced project and portfolio management from many interesting and very diverse perspectives.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Kate Goodwin

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.