NICE scholarships allow you to find out about the inner workings of NICE and undertake a supported improvement project, related to NICE guidance. Applicants can propose a project of their own choice or choose from a list of areas that NICE is looking for support.
NICE scholars are supported by access to an adviser and attendance at a series of workshops.
The scholarships are suited to roles such as registrars and managers; principal social workers or other senior/supervisory staff; public health specialists; senior nurses, midwives and allied health professionals; lay members on NICE committees and individuals working in the charitable and voluntary sector.
Project areas where NICE is looking for support include:
• implementation of guidance and standards
• raising awareness of guidance via a communications strategy
• measuring care provided by GPs by extracting routinely recorded data
• looking at how NICE guidance is written
• exploring how NICE could better engage with seldom heard groups
• looking at shared decision making.
NICE scholarships are unpaid but travel expenses are covered.
Applications close on 15 December 2017.