Q is looking for an experienced contractor to help us over 10 months to support and facilitate Q’s online groups (Special Interest Groups). This work will be on a contractor basis outside of IR35.
Through the use of engagement and facilitation skills with specific groups as well as the improvement of various group-wide support processes, you will help us boost the groups offer to Q members, bringing higher levels of engagement and sustained activity.
If you think you can help us do this, please download the project specification and sample contract below to understand the project in full.
About this project
The project will involve working closely with members of the Q initiative’s communications team to:
- Target specific groups in need of basic facilitation support – including welcoming new joiners, responding to queries, catalysing discussions (eg by posting relevant content, events etc).
- Give deeper support, where needed, including offering initial support, encouragement and ideas around organising future meetings and events (eg on Zoom) or applying for project/event funding – before passing to members elsewhere in the team for events support, marketing and follow-up.
- Offer convening support during Zoom calls.
- Support the improvement of group-wide processes including: sharing tips and ideas with members of the team who take on a liaison role with certain groupss; identification of groups trends and needs from digital activity metrics; and refreshing the groups support toolkit and potentially creating other guidance (for example clarifying guidance on group roles & responsibilities with input from the Q team).
- Identify and passing on potentially effective new group development practices, as well as emerging needs.
If you’re interested, please read the Project Specification and send us a proposal by completing the response form at the end of that document. You will also need to review the sample contract and complete the budget template to complete your proposal.
We would prefer a local (UK) candidate but are open to consider applications from those who work remotely too.
Project Specification and Response Form (Engagement support for Q Community’s micro networks)
Deadline for responses is 5pm (UK) on 5 May 2021.
Interviews will be held with a small number of shortlisted applications from May 10 to May 12.
If you’d like to arrange a conversation to discuss this project before submitting your proposal, please contact Matthew Mezey to arrange a suitable time.