Integrated Real Time Analytics SDEC- Disease specific registry development
Meet the team
- Dr Tom Chambers - Clinical Research interface SDEC WGH NHS Lothian
- Dr Sheila Grecian - SDEC QI Trainee Lead
- Emma Savory - Administrative support QI SDEC WGH NHS Lothian
- Gwen Bayne NHS Lothian unscheduled Care analyst
- Scottish Tech Army - volunteer analyst & software developers to link into project given local shortage of tech resource
What is the challenge your project is going to address and how does it connect to the theme?
1.A key barrier to QI is data extraction from our EPR. This is placed into a text format making granular data points difficult and time consuming to extract.
By moving to a structured template within the function of EPR – for protocols utilized within SDEC for conditions such as DVT, low risk PE, renal colic and low risk chest pain – this can show the impact of integrating real time analysis into the clinical care of the department. It will open the analysis of departmental function to clinical quality of care data and enable us to begin looking at alert with harm prevention rather than retrospective analysis.
2. Integrating an education program surrounding data capture and data reporting to engage and energize the SDEC team to value structured assessment and the impact it can have on patients. By developing how to vimeos, structured SOPs and evolving these to barriers experienced.
What does your project aim to achieve?
1. Real time, integrated clinical analytics to the Same Day Emergency Care environment. This will enable our goal to empower all staff within SDEC to foster improvement embedded within excellent data capture converted into knowledge.
2. A balanced understanding through data analysis – converting this into intelligence – this will empower the clinical and hospital management teams to understand the unit through logistics, targets and clinical performance in a far more coherent manner that underpins the care of patients with clinical performance.
3. Development of data awareness and data standards within front line care staff. By empowering performance with data – staff can show the care given to patients.
4. Provide clear and structured standard operating practice templates, requirement document templates, data strategy documents for data development within Same Day Emergency Front door care
5. The power of investing in data driven healthcare – linking this to patient and staff experience of healthcare delivery.
How will the project be delivered?
1. Development of the MDT for Data Integration Development
– Unscheduled Care Analysts
– Project Manager
– Electronic Patient Care (EPR) software development IT representative
– Clinical Representative – nursing and medical teams
– University researchers – Nursing and Medical
– Hospital managerial involvement
2. Project charter with key deliverables with a time line informed by the above MDT
3. Education investment to begin prior to the project to understand and evolve clinical interface with care delivery staff with regular communication. This will improve resistance to change and enable input from the clinical team directly into the data driven aspect of care.
How is your project going to share learning?
1. Twitter – to share progress and developing SOPs, Charters and requirements doc build
2. How to – internal how to vimeos to standardize and share process
3. Publish this in national and international conferences
4. Link with the Society of Acute medicine, Royal Colleges and Ambulatory Emergency Care to share toolkits and how to
5. Develop a local centre of excellence with clinical fellow and ANP linked training opportunities to develop experience and skill in data driven clinical care.
How you can contribute
- 1. Support with project costings development
- 2. Clinical links to explore area experts to review clinical content
- 3. Exploring the Information Governance Aspect and ensuring vimeo sharing is done with dummy data etc
- 4. Software expert use and tableau specialist set up for clinical granular analysis
|31 Jul 2023||1 year program to integrate real time analytics|