What is the positive change that has emerged through new collaborations or partnerships during Covid-19 that your project is going to embed?
Our idea will focus on providing up to date details of services and sources of support available for those with a learning disability (LD) community and their carers/families via one, easy accessible platform, via a website offering a directory of local resources.
Partners will be encouraged to act more collaboratively about the importance of availability of resources open to people living with a learning disability in their local community.
What does your project aim to achieve?
This project aims to:
1. support the LD community and their families/carers whose access to mainstream services have been impacted by the restrictions caused by COVID19.
2. reduce LD partner/resource providers silo working.
3. publicise LD resources through one portal, giving increased access and visibility.
4. offer specific services and resources in their local area, so local people can be served to the best outcome.
5. increase awareness by offering details of local sources of support by local communities towards those caring for and living with these conditions.
6. promote an awareness and inclusivity in Somerset.
7. include community initiatives such as the awarding of a kite mark of empathy in local businesses e.g. LD friendly post office.
8. to use the platform to promote better health initiatives e.g. annual health checks
9. to share important information from the NHS/Public Health/Social Care.
10. to develop opportunities for learning, working, pleasure time activities and fundraising for engagement with their local community.