Meet the team
- Dr Hannutu Lawan
- Dr Oluwatoyin Odunuga
What is the positive change that has emerged through new collaborations or partnerships during Covid-19 that your project is going to embed?
We developed novel and flexible methods of working using remote consultations. This has enabled enhanced patient experience and has helped improve access to primary care. In addition this has helped to developed greater team working working and staff satisfaction.
We are continuing to increase the range and type of digitally enhance methods and tools to further improve Quality of care for patients. The next stage of our plan is to introduce digital triage for patients.
What does your project aim to achieve?
We aim to provide a streamlined, easy, efficient and appropriate pathway(s) of access from patient to clinician, improving patient experience, reducing inequalities, improving quality of care and staff resilience.
We will do this by:
1) Improve patient access: Providing alternative and secure (GDPR compliant) points of access for data gathering when a patient presents with a clinical and non-clinical request. Circumvent the identified gridlocks and bottle necks within telephone waiting queues and other points of access for patients in primary care
2) Improve efficiency and Quality of consultations: Utilising a series of triage methods to seek adequate and appropriate clinical information pre-triage for safe, secure, efficient and timely responses and service delivery by the appropriate primary care clinician at the appropriate time.
How will the project be delivered?
The project team will incude MDT team based at Bretton Surgery.
We will create a template of pre-triage questions with capacity for patients to complete releavant questionnaires and also preload pictures and vidoe clips prior to the consultation.
We will initially liase with the patient particiapation group at the surgery.
Our project will be set up within Bretton surgery using patient volunteers. The practice patient participation group within the surgery will be briefed initially and their opinion gauged. The patients will provide informed consent and following usage a post care delivery questionnaire to evaluate patient (end user) experience (using fixed and measurable outcomes).
We will liaise with NHS digital to determine the most cost effective and secure solution using digital health tech devices such as Health apps
How is your project going to share learning?
Our project will be shared at Q Meetings and localitity forums.
Results will be presented at locality meetings within PPG/ PCN/Federation/CCG with a view to regional roll out.
Other social media sources (facebook, twitter) and the royal college of GP/LMC will also be approached for evaluation
The aim is to present this for scientific write up within health and scientific journals and IT/tech journals and events
How you can contribute
- We would ask the community for help with regards the following questions:
- This project currently sits between existing systems with resistance to integrate and advance.
- How do we breach the gap?
- Would we be better suited to a multi -pronged approach?
- Would collaborating with bigger IT organisations be valuable in improving services?