Balancing QI efforts on a local and national level can be tricky but through utilising interdisciplinary approaches and partnership working this can be achieved successfully.
Why Aneurin Bevan Continuous Improvement?
Aneurin Bevan Continuous Improvement (ABCi) is the in-house improvement team for Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB). They seek to enable, nurture and inspire a network of people to innovate and improve. They do this by bringing together three principal strands of activity:
- Connected network of Quality Improvement (QI) capability;
- Aid and encourage innovation;
- Delivery of tools, training & space for staff to learn and share together.
The team comprises a unique mix of clinical and non-clinical professionals working collaboratively to develop leadership, modelling, analytical, QI and measurement skills. These skills enable teams to improve services through continuous learning and testing of their ideas. For instance, mathematical modellers support the organisation by developing tools, models and analysis that provide insight into how our system functions, the innovation team support ABUHB staff to develop and put new ideas into practice, and improvement advisors coach teams to test and refine what matters to them and their patients.
What you’ll learn
Over the course of the visit, Q members got a sense of ABCi as a team as well as an overview of the business of ABCi. There were contributions from Improvement Cymru staff and insight into the evolving Welsh national context.
Aims and objectives
- ABCi’s unique and still-developing training prospectus
- Their Q Exchange award to develop work on Psychology 4 Improvement
- Their modelling team and Analytics and Modelling Academy.