Members attending this visit will learn about embedding and sustaining continuous improvement using Unipart’s 5-part model. Following feedback last year, this time the learning experience will be even more immersive and flexible, allowing you to focus on the aspects of the model of greatest interest and relevance to you.
What members said last year
Really helpful to see how QI can be used routinely in practise and the impact that this can have on staff motivation at all levels.
I learnt lots. Great to meet and talk to people who are using the Unipart Way every day and see how it supports their team working and operational improvement
The Unipart Group is a multinational, multi-sector manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company with roots in the automotive industry. Throughout its history, Unipart has reinvented itself multiple times to remain competitive in a fast-moving environment. The organisation’s approach to lean manufacturing, ‘the Unipart Way’, has led to the development of a renowned continuous improvement methodology that has helped improve operations in companies from Apple to London Underground, and Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
What you’ll learn
On the day-long visit, we’ll collectively explore Unipart’s framework for continuous improvement. We’ll dig down into a 5-part model for sustainably creating a continuous improvement culture, covering elements including leadership and engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to understand how continuous improvement works in the private sector and to have in-person conversations with staff employing these principles and learn about how they have embedded the culture across teams. You’ll also have the chance to review case studies of applications of the Unipart approach within health and care settings and consider how learning can be translated back into your own organisation.
Aims and objectives
By the end of the session you’ll be able to:
- Understand the Unipart culture and how the business has been transformed using lean and improvement principles.
- Articulate the 5-element model of continuous improvement.
- Explore how each element supports sustained benefits to the team and organisation.
- Consider the practical steps that can be taken to embed a culture of continuous improvement in your team.
- Identify top tips from the experience of Unipart team members to help you use and apply in your own context.
- Share and learn from other Q members attending the session.
Who should attend?
The visit would suit anyone interested in continuous improvement approaches. It would also be beneficial to senior leaders responsible for embedding such cultures, to support their improvement efforts.
- Capacity Due to onsite space restrictions, there are just 20 spaces, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Location The nearest station is Oxford – we’ll send out more detailed travel details once you’ve confirmed your spot.
- Expenses While the cost of the visit itself is covered, as development opportunity, expenses will not be covered.
- CPD We encourage you to ask your organisation for professional/study leave to attend, if this is available to you, as CPD points are available.
Join us on Twitter and use #QVisits to tell us what you’d most like to get out of this and other visits.