This independent patient safety and quality improvement conference is now in its fifth year offers delegates the opportunity to :
• hear from eminent and expert speakers on patient safety and quality improvement
• learn about practice-based improvement projects
• share their work in a national poster competition.
Morning plenary talks are followed by afternoon workshops. Programme here (http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/programme.html)
Topics covered will include:
• Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch (HSIB)
• learning from deaths
• criteria-led discharge
• patient safety culture toolkit
• human factors
• new approach to QI learning
• healthcare innovation
• maternity incidents
The plenary speakers are:
• Dr Kevin Stewart Medical Director, HSIB
• Dr Tricia Woodhead, Associate Clinical Director for Patient Safety, West of England AHSN
• Dr Mark Juniper, Consultant in Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine and Lead Co-ordinator, National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome & Death
• Dr Rebecca Dyar, CT2 Anaesthetics and Quality Improvement Fellow, Torbay and South Devon Foundation Trust
• Liz Lees-Deutsch, Consultant Nurse (acute medicine) currently undertaking an NIHR funded PhD Research Fellowship in Discharge Practice and Risk Assessment
• Professor Tim Draycott, Consultant Obstetrician with a research interest in patient safety
Workshops led by: Ann Remmers, Patient Safety Programme Director, West of England AHSN; Jo Pendray, Improvement Lead, South West AHSN; Nicola Davey, Director, Quality Improvement Clinic; and Dr Laura Pickup, Human Factors Expert.
You can enter the quality improvement and patient safety poster competition by submitting your entry online here (http://www.bristolpatientsafety.com/poster-competition.html) . The deadline is 16 March 2018.