Skip to content

Q logo

Latest group activity

• Paul Bowie posted an update 1 day, 22 hours ago

For colleagues interested in Human Factors & Ergonomics in Health and Social Care, please see details of how to register free for our 1st Q Exchange Project Webinar on Thursday 29/10/2020 at 12.30. Please visit (copy and paste the link): https://bit.ly/2FZajUa

• There are spaces available to join Q’s practical ‘Network Weaver learning series’ and participate in 5 online workshops. Would you like to sign up?
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/network-weaving-learning-series-registration-72513599127

The workshops are designed to enhance your skills, improve your network leadership skills and boost your…Read more

• Helen Meese posted an update 3 weeks, 5 days ago

My business partner, Angela Hobbs and myself have been developing a prototype training programme to deliver the EBC Toolkit and we have added this idea to the Q Exchange, the title of the proposal is ‘Building a Training Academy to deliver the EBC Toolkit’.

EBC refers to the Engineering Better Care Toolkit, developed by Professor John Cla…Read more

• Nikki Davey posted an update 1 month ago

Hi All – last year the Clinical Human Factors Group (chfg) ran a workshop with the Q community called ‘Enhancing the science of improvement for patient safety – taking the next step with Human Factors in Healthcare’. We brought together people who had an interest in QI, Human Factors and Patient Safety. You can find a summary of what we did and w…Read more

• *Fabulous opportunity to learn the ‘Network Weaving’ approach with other Q members*

On Wednesday we launched our exciting new learning series on ‘Network Weaving’!

This nine month series, delivered virtually by The Strategy Group, is designed to equip Q members with the practical skills, tools and processes to become network leaders. We’ll e…Read more

• Paul Bowie posted an update 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Dear Colleagues, please see this evolving online resource for Human Factors/Ergonomics which is part of our Q Exchange Project: http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/hfe.aspx It contains lots of guidance, tools and links. More updates coming very soon. Watch out for our forthcoming blog on the main Q Community sites. Thanks. Paul

• Hi Paul – how about adding links to the Clinical Human Factors Groups webpages in your Scots resources? #Workingacrossboundaries 😉

• Sorry for delay in responding Nikki, I didn’t notice your message!

Yes absolutely, what’s on just now was our 1st stab as a taster so to speak, I have a big Word document full of new links and resources just waiting to be added (it’s a cumbersome process given the technical limitations of the site) and the CHFG and it’s outputs are a significant…Read more

• We often get asked about Process Mapping tools and the differences between them. The most commonly used tool we come across is Post-Its and Microsoft Visio. We used to use that too. Have a look at our blog comparing the benefits of Visio vs Engage Process for mapping. Spoiler alert they are like chalk and cheese…Read more

• Hi all, I’m a General Surgery Registrar from Bristol and new member of the Q community.

Thank you for accepting me into this group! I need your advice: on Saturday the 26th of September we are running the largest free virtual QI conference (QISW) with support from the Academic Health Science Network and some Q community members. The aim is to m…Read more

• Load more

About this group

This group is open to anyone interested in discussing, exploring and collaborating on project ideas for the Q Exchange 2019 theme, “Building improvement capabilities across boundaries”

This group is convened by Anna Burhouse

Active members

• Profile photo of Barbara Hercliffe
  • Profile photo of Ashton Powell
  • Profile photo of Robyn Lewes
  • Profile photo of Brefne Jowers
  • Profile photo of Sid Beech
  • Profile photo of Helen Meese
  • Profile photo of Emma Little
  • Profile photo of Lou Waters