Skip to content

Wendy Copeland-Blair

Clinical Outcomes Programme Lead

Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Wendy Copeland-Blair

Biography

Having worked my way up from front line administrative roles in primary care, acute trusts and now mental health services, I previously led a team of performance improvement practitioners within my organisation utilising quality improvement methodologies to support the trust in creating sustainable solutions to issues affecting our ability to achieve key performance indicators.  Typically, this involved undertaking a deep dive to understand the issues e.g. through root cause analysis and process mapping and then developing improvement plans using the IHI model for improvement and documented through driver diagrams.

I have completed the Advanced Improvement Practitioner course run by AQuA and hold a Post-Grade Certificate in Innovation and Improvement Science with distinction.  This has built on my Masters Degree in Consultation and the Organisation: Psychoanalytic approaches.   I continue to develop my thinking and approach to quality improvement through CPD such as participation in the Network Sustainability and Spread programme (Human Factors, Appreciate Inquiry and Personal Resilience).

I provide expertise around measurement at a strategic and operational level to enable the trust to identify the metrics that will most effectively tell us whether we are achieving our goals.

I am now the trust's lead around clinician and patient reported outcome measurement and am supporting the medical director to implement this across our mental health and community physical health services; applying the principles of user centred design to support the development of solutions that meet the needs of service users, carers / families and staff.  I am a strong advocate of digital to support our transformation ambitions and the power of data as a bed rock for improvement.

I also work outside of the organisation's boundaries with NHS England / Improvement as part of reference groups around mental health services supporting both organisations to establish appropriate measurements to drive quality improvements.

I am also a qualified coach and use the learning obtained through the improvement programme with those that I am providing coaching to.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Wendy Copeland-Blair

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.