Skip to content

Q logo

Biography

I am the Patient Safety Manager at North Tees & Hartlepool. I am a Respiratory Physiotherapist by profession but have worked in Patient Safety since 2008. I coordinate the incident process within the Trust, including promoting reporting, investigating incidents, developing action plans, and undertaking thematic analysis.

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Human Factors & Ergonomics in Patient Safety at Loughborough and am promoting the application of human factors throughout the Trust. My passion is the process of investigating incidents to identify areas for change and I lead Serious Incident investigations in the Trust. I am beginning to incorporate systemic accident analysis tools such as HFACS into my investigations and encouraging the use of a systemic approach within all of our investigations.

I have recently taken on the role of organising the Community of Practice for Human Factors & Ergonomics in the North East and North Cumbria (NENC) region with the support of my colleagues and the AHSN. We are a group of enthusiasts, looking to build participation and share knowledge and experience across the region. Find us @hfecop

Contact wendy halliburton

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.