Skip to content

Q logo

Biography

I am a registered nurse with a MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice. While doing my MSc I set up the Acute Oncology Service in Southampton, which led to presenting our model nationally and  internationally.  This was a great experience which gave me some diverse skills and knowledge.

My previous role was the Palliative and End of Life Matron across an Acute Trust and Hospice.  During this time I help move the Hospice to separate from the acute Trust and become an Independent Hospice in partnership with the IOW Hospice.

I currently work within the Patient Experience Team as Head of Patient Relations, although I am not using my clinical skills at present, my clinical skills and knowledge are extremely valuable in my current role to help me really understand what the patient experience is.   I started in this role at the same time as commencing a QI Fellowship with Health Education Wessex.  This has given the freedom to really look and what we do and make a real difference, involving patients in the work.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Vicki Havercroft Dixon

* required fields

Your message will be sent to this person's email address, and a copy will be kept on the server in case of delivery failures. By ticking this box you are agreeing to the Health Foundation's privacy policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.