Associate Professor in Vascular Rheumatology and Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist
University of Leeds / Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustEngland - Yorkshire and Humber
I'm a rheumatologist based in Leeds. My mission is to improve the outcomes of patients with two linked diseases: giant cell arteritis (GCA) and polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR).
In the article linked to below, you can find our story of how clinical pathways for GCA were affected by the first wave of the COVID pandemic.
I am interested in seeing things differently (patient involvement, and multiple perspectives), collaboration across speciality and organisational boundaries, and doing things differently (improvement and innovation).
Q Exchange ideas
Contact Sarah Mackie
You need to be logged in to contact Q members.
If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.
If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.
Areas of interest
- Analytics and data
- Collaboration and networking
- Community and voluntary
- Digital technology
- Efficiency and productivity
- Improvement research
- Integrated care
- Long-term conditions
- Older people
- Patient and public involvement
- Patient experience
- Patient safety
- Technology-enabled remote monitoring
- Frailty QI
- Service Design
- Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Network mapping
- Exploring Adaptive Space – community of practice
- Closing the gap: developing improvers for a complex world
- Measurement for Improvement
- Human Factors
- Human-Centred Design in Health and Care
- Lean Healthcare
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Medicine Management
- PPI and Diversity
- Improvement Research Network
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement