Skip to content

Phil Meakin

Head of Quality Governance and Improvement (Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thames Valley)

NHS England - South East Region

Image of 'Phil Meakin

Biography

I qualified as a physiotherapist in 1997 and worked in the NHS for the majority of my career. I led the acute stroke physiotherapy team in a large London teaching hospital for several years and during that time I also gained valuable experience from a secondment with the local Community Neurology and Early Supported Stroke Discharge Team.

I moved away from a clinical role in July 2017 to work in the Service Improvement Team at Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust. I learnt a huge amount in this role and from the fantastic people in the service improvement team and I enjoyed contributing to the varied improvement and transformation projects.

I now work for NHS England as Head of Clinical Quality and Improvement for Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thames Valley. This exciting role incorporates quality improvement, assurance, monitoring, development and regulation across all parts of the healthcare system. I am the lead for PSIRF within the SE Region supporting the implementation across the region.

I really enjoy coaching, leading and teaching about QI and experiencing how these methodologies can generate ideas, support change and deliver improvements. I am a strong believer in the power of relationships and networks and the improvements that these can bring.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Phil Meakin

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.