Skip to content

Philippa Darnton

Associate director - Insight

Wessex AHSN

Image of 'Philippa Darnton

Biography

I have over 25 years’ experience of working in the health service and academia as an Allied Health Professional (SLT), operational manager, business manager, network manager, tutor and mentor, senior commissioner and programme manager (evaluation, spread and adoption). My large scale improvement work has included programmes in stroke care, cardiac services (AF and tier 2 clinical services) and neuro-rehabilitation. Latterly, I have focussed on ways to promote spread and adoption of innovative approaches to care, and on the formative use of evaluation to understand the impact of new models of care (including Vanguard initiatives) and to inform how best practice can be spread. My approach to change is collaborative, and my experience of working across sectors (health, social care and third sector), and with many different teams and professionals has convinced me of the benefits to be gained from sharing ideas and perspectives for creativity, problem solving and enhancing the capability of all those involved.  My structured learning has included a Masters in Health Sciences with Health Services Improvement and programmes with the London Learning Partnership (2003-2004), National Clinical Governance programme (2004 – 2006), NHS South Central training programmes (2008) and Wessex Deanery (2015).

Q Exchange ideas

Blog posts

Contact Philippa Darnton

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.