Skip to content

Peter Ledwith

Quality Improvement Programme Manager (Safety & Mortality)

Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA)

Image of 'Peter Ledwith

Biography

I have been working in improvement for around 15 years, my journey started whilst I was working in the Royal Air Force. I am an aircraft engineer by profession, My 25 Year career in the RAF has seen me working in many differing roles from front line to training. Whilst in the latter role I was trained in Lean techniques and tasked with improving the flow and capacity of trainees through the system. This work saw me utilise a range of tools from ‘go see’ and problem identification through to visual management and the use of electronic asset management.

For the last two years I have been working within the NHS at the Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA) where I am a Quality Improvement Programme manager (Safety & Mortality). This role sees me working with teams and individuals on multiple improvement projects. The improvement method generally used by AQuA aligns closely to the Model for Improvement and the work of the IHI, where appropriate however, I utilise tools outside of this thinking from my background in Lean and L6S.

Human Factors is a real passion and I develop and deliver a programme called Applied HF where the delegates learn an understanding of HF and integrate this into the improvement work, thus thinking wider than just capacity and capability building by considering human behaviour and interaction with the system in which they work.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Peter Ledwith

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.