Skip to content

Mildred Foster

Patient and Public Involvement, Engagement and Experience Manager

Oxford Academic Health Science Network

Image of 'Mildred Foster

Biography

I am a scientist with a first degree in Microbiology and MSc and PhD in Immunology. I have over 10 years experience as biomedical researcher at Oxford University. I also have experience in Science Funding and Clinical Research administration.
While working at the Department of Primary Care Health Sciences at Oxford University I became aware of the research done by the Human Experiences Research Group. Being exposed to this research got me thinking about how powerful human experiences can be and how much further Healthcare Systems have to go to change the culture and fully understand and utilise human experiences as a source of Evidence Based Healthcare. This was the inspiration for my next career move.
In 2015 I joined the Oxford Academic Health Science Network (Oxford AHSN) as Programme Manager for the Leading Together Programme – a leadership development course co-created and co-delivered by patients, carers, professionals and the public. The Programme offered an innovative way of approaching culture change - bringing together lay people and professionals to reflect, learn from each other and help embed co-production across healthcare and research.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Mildred Foster

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.