Community Manager, Q
The Health Foundation
I am Q's Community Manager: I can support you if you want to connect, learn and collaborate with other members. Please get in touch if you need any help, or have an idea to help develop the Q community.
Q Exchange ideas
Improving relationships across our networks is crucial to enabling learning for improvement. Matthew Mezey looks at some key roles needed within networks to bring about change and the importance of good 'Relational Coordination'.
What's happening across improvement this week? Our summary of what is being shared from improvers across the UK and Ireland.
To mark our first workshop exploring learning from rapid improvement, Q's Community Manager looked back at some learning approaches shared by Q's members and special interest groups that could be useful in the current context.
Q's Community Engagement Manager, Matthew Mezey, discusses how Q members and other improvers are finding more effective ways to learn together during the COVID-19 crisis.
In the second part of this recap of the recent workshop examining Development Evaluation, Matthew shares the DE approach to scaling and some of the tools to use it practice.
Developmental Evaluation is a novel and emerging type of evaluation. Q Community Manager Matthew Mezey shares his learning from an inspiring workshop with one of its pioneers, Kate McKegg. Can we grow a whole new cohort of Developmental Evaluators – when it represents such a major paradigm shift?
How can Liberating Structures help you achieve your improvement goals? Matthew Mezey shares highlights from Q's recent learning session in Birmingham.
We're really excited to have Pedro Delgado from IHI and Mason Fitzgerald from the East London NHS Foundation Trust, host an in-demand breakout session on Joy at Work at next week's annual community event. Find out more about what to expect here.
Each month Matthew Mezey, Q's Community Manager, will share a round-up of the most recent community happenings. Trending this month: complexity science, co-production, Q impact and evaluation and more!
Join Q's 'Randomised Coffee Trial' conversations - for a refreshing mix of inspiration, ideas, new connections and fun.
The first Q members welcome event – in the North East and North Cumbria on 22 March – offered a real sense of community to the 120 new joiners. Q Community Manager Matthew Mezey shares his experience.
- Perinatal community of practice
- Delivering Virtual Training (#ConnectingImprovers)
- Q network mapping pilots (Kumu)
- Improving Improvement (Q Exchange project)
- Improvement Science for ECR/PhDs in health & care
- Q in Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire (GMEC)
- Q Improvement Framework Resources
- College Q
- Q Partners
- Psychology for Improvement
- Generation Q Fellows
- Achieving equity through QI
- Exploring Adaptive Space – community of practice
- Technology to support QI Teams
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Q
- Allied Health Professions in Quality Improvement
- Building improvement capability across boundaries
- Understanding alternatives to traditional models of outpatients
- Women’s Health
- Mindfulness for Quality Improvement
- Improvement Capability framework project
- Q Exchange 2018 Award Holders
- Mental health and persistent pain
- Sustainable Healthcare
- South West Q
- Q Visits
- Liberating Structures in healthcare
- Applying behavioural insights in healthcare
- Improving Joy in Work
- Clinical Audit in Quality Improvement
- Q in the North West Coast
- Oxford AHSN (Thames Valley area) Group
- Closing the gap: developing improvers for a complex world
- Measurement for Improvement
- Renal Care
- Reducing Diagnostic Errors
- Organisational Resilience & Safety-II
- Making use of patient experience
- Human Factors
- Human-Centred Design in Health and Care
- Harm Free Care
- Educators as Improvers
- Radiotherapy Quality
- Lean Healthcare
- Dialogic Organisation Development
- Curious QI
- Community Healthcare Trusts
- Bridging Networks
- Ambulance Services and QI
- Q Exchange Design Reference Group
- Q Reading Club
- Q Special Interest Groups/Communities of Practice
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Process Visualisation in the NHS
- Medicine Management
- Urgent and Emergency Care
- PPI and Diversity
- Improvement Research Network
- Learning from Excellence
- QI in Mental Health
- Q Lab – peer support group
- Primary Care
- Staff Wellbeing and Quality Health Care
- Q team
- Redesigning the organisational landscape
- Communities of Practice
- West of England
- Q Connectors
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement