Skip to content

Mark Fuller

Improvement Facilitator

Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust

Image of 'Mark Fuller

Biography

Originally training in law at the University of Durham, I went on to work in healthcare management, spending the next ten years running private hospitals and residential services for those with mental health issues and / or learning disabilities.

From there, two years was invested with the Trust Development Authority (latterly NHS Improvement), which sparked an interest in the theories, principles and techniques of quality improvement and a complete change of direction for me.

I led or supported a wide array of improvement work (particularly Rapid Process Improvement Workshops and Breakthrough Series Collaboratives) across acute, ambulance, mental health and community trusts throughout the North of England, before electing to work in my local Trust.

So, for the past couple of years, I've been a member of the Improvement & Transformation team at Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust. Blending quality improvement and project management methods, I am largely responsible for:

• Overseeing the Trust's Improvement schedule (c. 24 Improvement events per annum) and facilitating at least a third of these.
  • Delivering the majority of QI training within the organisation, as part of our Quality Charter. The largest component of this related to our Silver Level Quality of Care Champions, each of whom I support to deliver improvement projects in their area of work (with c. 100 candidates at any point in time working toward accreditation).
  • Responding to a variety of ad hoc requests for QI input, according to the evolving needs of the organisation.

The most enjoyable element of my role is, without doubt, the sheer variety. Affiliated with corporate services, our team is not tied to any one directorate, service or ward within the Trust. Our offer and remit spans the entire organisation, providing a constant stream of contrasting work to keep us busy!

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Mark Fuller

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.