Skip to content

Liz Fisher

Occupational Health Physician

Health Partners

Image of 'Liz Fisher

Biography

I am a portfolio GP having worked for 16 years a GP partner and previously in Occupational Health and have now worked for the NHS for 33 years.

I am a GPwSI  in cardiology which involves regular sessions in a hospital setting and has led me to be involved with a number of initiatives for atrial fibrillation detection and stroke prevention including a current KSS AHSN project. My interest in setting up Heartsafe Horsham led me to get involved with all community CPR providers and to work with the local PSC.

I worked with Think Kidneys national group looking at projects to reduce inaccurate reports of hyperkalaemia and AKI in primary care.

More recently I am working at BSMS as a GP tutor and enjoy delivering lectures to the medical students as well as facilitating group discussions.

Medicine management QI has led to a number of projects including safe anti-coagulation therapy and involvement  in a non-medical prescribing course at the university.

I am returning to Occupational Health in the transport industry and look forward to comparing safety critical industry with NHS  QI and safety

I also work as an independent consultant medical adviser to an international insurance company.

At home I enjoy sharing our sofa with our latest addition, a dog called Bobbie-Mae.

Q Exchange ideas

Contact Liz Fisher

You need to be logged in to contact Q members.

If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.

If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.