I have worked within clinical audit, clinical effectiveness, integrated care pathways (ICP) and SPSP (Mental Health, Paediatrics and Adult Acute) since 1998.My passion for improvement work began while working at the State Hospital when I attended BMJ/IHI international forums in 2004 & 5.
I have a reflective style and I love working with people. I’m a team player and natural networker who feels it is important to share ideas and bring staff together.I tailor my approach to staff, building a partnership which provides a great platform to lead on QI. I recently completed a certificate in coaching to enable me to better support the staff I work with and also to equip me with additional questioning skills. I love learning and over the past few years I've completed an ILM in Management and Leadership and an SVQ in learning and development. I am currently a member of ScIL cohort 17.
I’ve recently moved to NHS Lanarkshire and I’m working on adult Acute kidney injury and paediatrics
Q Exchange ideas
Contact Karen Jenkins
You need to be logged in to contact Q members.
If you are already a Q member, please log in using your account details.
If you are not a member, you can find out more about joining Q.
Areas of interest
- Acute care
- Analytics and data
- Efficiency and productivity
- Improvement research
- Patient and public involvement
- Patient safety
- Person-centred care
- Quality improvement
- Delivering Virtual Training (#ConnectingImprovers)
- Video consultations: how to set them up well, fast?
- Psychology for Improvement
- Building improvement capability across boundaries
- Understanding alternatives to traditional models of outpatients
- Liberating Structures in healthcare
- Applying behavioural insights in healthcare
- Improving Joy in Work
- Closing the gap: developing improvers for a complex world
- Human Factors
- Lean Healthcare
- Curious QI
- Q Reading Club
- Reimagining Health and Care
- Process Visualisation in the NHS
- Improvement Research Network
- Complexity Approaches to support Quality Improvement